I’ve wanted to make a batch of blondies for some time now. Then it suddenly dawned on me that I have a recipe for chocolate chip cookies that I could easily adapt as blondies. I’m grateful that my friend, Sandy, shared with me her awesome chocolate chip cookie recipe because it provided the blueprint for these rich and dense Chocolate Chunk Blondies!
Chocolate Chunk Blondies
- 12-14 ounce bag of semi-sweet, milk, or dark chocolate chunks or chips
- 2 sticks (8 ounces) butter, room temperature
- 1 cup light or dark brown sugar, lightly packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 350° F.
- Beat the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in a large bowl or the vessel of a stand mixer, until creamy, about 2 minutes. Then, add the honey and vanilla extract and beat for 1 minute. Then, add the eggs, one at time, scraping down the bowl if necessary.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flours, salt and baking soda. Then, add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, and mix until just combined.
- Then, add the chocolate chunks or chips – whichever you’re using – and mix until just combined.
- Spread the batter into a prepared 9 x 12 x 2” baking pan. I’ve found that using slightly damp hands will make this task easier. Bake the pan in the center of the oven for about 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick, when inserted into the center only has a few damp crumbs on it.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy warm or allow to cool completely.