Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake
For the crust:
- 20-24 Oreo Cookies
For the cheesecake:
- 24 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup sour cream
For the topping:
- 6-8 ounces of chocolate, finely chopped and divided
- ⅓ cup salted peanuts
- 1-2 peanut marzipan candy disk (such as De La Rosa), crushed; about 2 tablespoons
- Preheat the oven to 300°F/ 150° C
- Make the crust by processing the cookies in a food processor until they resemble fine sand. Then, pour the crumbs into the bottom of a 10” springform pan and press the crumbs evenly along the bottom of the pan. Bake the crust on the center rack of the oven for 10 minutes. Allow to cool and raise the temperature to 325°F/ 170°C.
- To make the filling place the cream cheese, eggs, peanut butter, sugar, vanilla extract and sour cream into the bowl of the food processor and blitz until smooth. You may need to use a rubber spatula to scrape away any solids that have adhered to the sides of the bowl.
- Pour the mixture onto the cooled crust and place the pan onto a baking tray and bake in the center of the oven for 50-55 minutes. The center should be set but still have a good bit of wiggle to it – it will firm up as it cools.
- Allow the cheesecake to cool to room temperature.
- Once the cheesecake has come to room temperature, make the chocolate topping. To do this, melt half of the chocolate in a double boiler set over low heat. Once the chocolate is almost completely melted, remove the bowl of chocolate from the heat add the remaining half of the chocolate. Stir until melted. Drizzle the chocolate onto the cheesecake and top the chocolate with the chopped peanuts and peanut marzipan.
- Refrigerate the cheesecake for at least 8 hours.
- Serve chilled.
Be sure to allow the cheesecake to completely cool to room temperature after baking.