Whenever I’m making something rich for dinner, this is the salad I most often make. Not only does it taste good, and can be easily thrown together just before mealtime, but its the perfect salad for serving alongside something rich. The pepperiness of the arugula and the tang from the lemon cuts through the tastes of rich, full-bodied sauces. I used olive oil for its fruitiness, and heart-healthy, omega-rich flaxseed oil for its sweetness as much as for its benefits to our health.
Arugula with Lemon Dressing
Serves about 6
- ¼ -⅓ pound arugula, washed and dried , about 8 cups
- ¼ cup lemon juice; depending on it’s size, about the juice of one lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cold-pressed flax seed oil
- 2 tablespoons grated Grana Pandano or Parmesean
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- shaved or grated Grana Pandano or Parmesean for garnishing (optional)
Place the lemon juice, olive oil, flaxseed oil, grated cheese, sea salt and pepper into the bottom of a large salad bowl, and whisk the ingredients. Add the arugula to the bowl and toss. Garnish with shaved or grated cheese and serve.
Add any additional notes here.